Talented Visual Arts Application forms and information
Does your child love drawing more than anything else in the world? Then, your child might be talented in the visual arts. The following is a list of suggestions and information for trying out for talented visual arts.
1. Fill out the three page application forms.
2. Submit the application form with ten of your child’s best drawings to me at the beginning of school in the fall.
3. I will contact you after I have the portfolio screened to let you know if your child passes the screening. If your child passes the screening you will need to attend an A-Bit meeting and later take your child to the art test in either the fall or the spring.
4. Drawing suggestions- Draw from life whenever possible. Fill the page. Include texture and shadows in the drawing. Only one cartoon. Drawings should have a foreground, middle ground, and background. Don’t rush the drawings!!! Avoid cliché images like the sun in the corner and birds that look like upside down W’s.
5. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.